Day 2, Week 1

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Here I am at the wind up of day 2. Today was, well, unique!
It isn't every day that you get a phone call in the morning from your best mate telling you to get up now, get your gym clothes on and I'll see you in 15 minutes! "CLICK" as the reciever goes down.

So there I was, only 1 coffee down, standing in P.J's and sporting a bed head to match with last nights dreams still evaporating from my mind. I was in no state to be excersising at this silly hour of the morning, yet, by the harshness of rebound comments given for every excuse I had given, I figured that really, I had no choice.
Curse curse. Gym clothes on! Curse, curse.Hair done! Curse, curse. Water bottle at the ready! BITCH!!! DEODORANT applied!
"Gee. With friends like this, who needs enemies!" I thought!
Knock at the door.And there she was in all her glory...SMILING!!!! "OK she says, on the treadmill then!"

There I was at stupid o'clock slogging it out on the tready with "Tash the Tyrant" spurring me on and changing speeds as often as Paris Hilton changes boyfriends! It was then outside for some boxing with the focus mitts. I was focusing on her face thinking " I should just give her a ripper for doing this to me" but no. I kept my cool ( despite the 12 litres of sweat pouring off my brow). We finished with a sprint up the road and then Satans exercise, burpies. I collapsed into a heap, regained my composure and gave Tash,who was suddenly my best friend again, a big hug and kiss, thanking her for an awesome PT session.

Admittedly, after a half hour run/jog session on the treadmill last night, I am now feeling a little sore but still managed to take both of my dogs for a walk around the park this afternoon with my daughter.

I am feeling tired still, as I am trying to correct my body clock, but I am already feeling more confident than I was on Sunday having stuck to sensible eating, lots of water, plenty of green tea, fruit each day and exercising the way I have wanted to for so long now.

It is amazing what a little nudge, or in my case, huge kick up the arse, can do for ones state of mind.

I am just so blessed to have the support not only of my family but the best personal trainer on the planet. My bestie, Natasha.

Neen xo

1 comments:

Natasha Hurst said...

FANTASTIC Blog Honey and when you least expect it I will be on your doorstep again with a SMILE and a HUG ready to Kick your arse!! LOL. Mwah XOXO CK

 
Curing The Cupcake Hangover. Design by Pocket