End Day 2, Week 4

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Well what started off as a crappy day ended up being wonderful.

I had a few moments when I let the reality of this crazy weight gain slip up on me and make me angry but I managed to push it aside and enjoy my day with my mate and her Mum.

I was basically ordered by Tash's Mum to go out for lunch with them which turned out to be just what I needed to get me out of my little slump.

I enjoyed a piece of grilled fish with salad and a few chips followed by a small skim milk cappuccino.

After lunch we returned to my place for a cuppa and a chat. It was at this point that the suggestion of swimming was raised by Mapa ( Tash's Mum). Tash, being the water baby she is, jumped at the chance and they got to organising times for their swimming date. Well, I think you could have knocked them both over with a feather when I piped up and asked to go along!

Tash has been trying to get me to go swimming with her for the past couple of years and, as I am not a water baby anymore ( I used to live in the water as a kid), I was never overly keen. The temptation to swim was brought about by the fact that I wanted desperately to work out but it was so excrusiatingly hot and humid that the thought of running was so daunting that I wasn't sure I was going to find the spark to get it done. Swimming was the perfect solution.

Tash and Mapa picked me up and we headed on down to the local pool only to find that the pool had been closed due to the risk of lightning storms! AAARRRGGHHHH!!!

Well, only one thing to do. We headed to the next towns local pool, which is indoors, and did our exercise there.

I estimate that we did around 40 minutes of swimming ( all strokes) and some water aerobics under Tash's instruction. Besides feeling a little giddy when I finally got out of the pool, it was an amazing and invigorating workout and I am so glad that I did it!

Tuesday night dinner was, as usual, at Mum and Dads where I had a small serve of steak with some asparagus, brocolli, mashed poptatoe and sweet potatoe. Yum.

Amazing how things can change in such a short space of time. A day that started as disappointing, disheartening and low, ended up being invigorating, energetic and joyful!

I am blessed regardless of what I weigh!

Neen xo

1 comments:

Natasha Hurst said...

Nice Blog babe!! XOXO

 
Curing The Cupcake Hangover. Design by Pocket